Cashmere, as the word suggests, evokes a sense of sheer luxury, be it through images of its softness, warmth and toastiness. It is a rage in high fashion circles and owning a piece of this luxurious fabric is a mandate, if you are conscious of the way you dress. Unlike how we revamp our wardrobes every few months, since our clothes wear out, once you own a Cashmere product, it will keep rewarding you. But there’s a condition here as well – it will stay in mint condition only if you invest in a pure, hand-crafted piece instead of falling for the budget ones available at most apparel stores.
Why do babies love Cashmere blankets?
As we are so particular about comfort, class and the feel of the fabric, so are babies. In fact, babies are even more sensitive and delicate, since the womb is their shelter for nine months and they crave that comfort once they come into this world. This is the reason why Cashmere blankets top the list for baby accessories, since they are reminiscent of the mother’s womb, thanks to its several desirable qualities.
You can checkout variety of Monogrammed Cashmere Throws for your baby.
Since Cashmere is exceptionally soft, lightweight, breathable and warm, it is ideal for all climates, without making your baby uncomfortable.
Here’s why Cashmere blankets are the best choice for your little bundle of joy:
- If your new-born is feeling a little under the weather, there’s no better cure than a Cashmere baby blanket. It soothes and comforts him/her and reduces stress and restless movement, putting the child at rest and calming him down.
- Researchers have found that when babies lay directly on cashmere, their rate of activity is significantly reduced and leads to a more deep and restful sleep. Some also say that it promotes growth, but this is yet to be proven.
- Cashmere, as most of us know, is the perfect insulator, which means it keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer and is also lighter than wool. It lets the baby’s skin breathe and regulates the temperature to stay comfortable in all
- Cashmere is water-resistant and can absorb excess moisture, among all other fibres. Interestingly, it can take in up to 35% of its weight in water without feeling messy or wet to touch. It then releases this moisture into the atmosphere to keep the wearer warm and dry. This way, the baby’s skin stays dry and regulates the temperature.
- Another property of Cashmere which sets it apart from the rest is its odour-resistant characteristic. This fibre can repel the bacteria that leads to odour, which means your baby will keep feeling fresh and not sweaty.
- Lastly, this fibre does not cause any allergy or itchiness, making it soft on the skin. This is the biggest concern for most parents, which is taken care of by Cashmere. Generally, most fabrics irritate the baby’s skin and cause rashes or any such infection.
With such qualities, there’s no doubt why Cashmere baby blankets are the preferred choice for newborns. Though these products stand you in good stead, you need to make sure you take all the care you can to keep these in great condition. They are generally durable but can last you even longer if you make a little effort.
TLC for Cashmere Baby Blankets
Like all products, your Cashmere baby blanket requires some Tender Love and Care to protect your child in all seasons. When you wash the blanket, make sure you wash it by hand, unless you have a hand-wash setting on your washing machine. Use lukewarm water and a small amount of mild detergent or baby shampoo to clean it. There are some who say even hair conditioner works wonders to make Cashmere super soft!
The next step is to ensure you don’t rub, wring or twist the fabric while washing. Instead, gently squeeze the water through the fibre. Lastly, use lukewarm water again to rinse your product. The temperature is of high significance here!
It’s the same in case of drying, one needs to be gentle and tumble drying is a big no-no. Make sure there’s no wringing or twisting of Cashmere to remove excess water. Instead, it’s best to lay out your product on a towel, gently roll it up and lightly press. Later, you can un-roll and re-shape it.
Dry your Cashmere blanket in a flat manner. If you hang it, the weight of the water will stretch it out of shape. You must keep it away from heat sources like radiators, hair-dryers or even sunlight, since it needs to air-dry naturally.
With the right approach, your baby blanket will last you for a long time. Give it some love and it will you lots back in return!
We, at Pashmina.com, are one of the world’s largest curators of pure and handcrafted Himalayan cashmere products. Each of our pieces epitomize the highest levels of quality and royalty and will make you feel no less than nobility yourself. Our range of shawls, stoles, scarves and wraps will enrapture the world with its beauty and sublime softness. It’s not just the beauty and exquisiteness that we are concerned about; credibility is what sets us apart from the rest. Our pieces are first painstakingly handcrafted with the finest designs and reflect the highest quality of craftsmanship. Once this labour of love the light of the day, it is sent for quality assurance to the Crafts Development Institute, Ministry of Textiles as part of Govt of India that certifies each product. After all, you deserve a product that’s as warm and real as you!
Step into our world and explore the entire range on.