A bridesmaid is someone who stands by the bride all through her most important day. We think she deserves something special. Hence we curated a list of bridesmaid Pashminas which she can wear to look as ethereal as the bride herself
Who doesn't love a winter wedding? Be it the one to attend or your own, winter weddings are as fun as spring or summer ones. Refreshing crisp air and the mellow sunshine, winter weddings can be a huge relief. Especially for the places whose summers are scorching.
A winter wedding can be bliss. Your carefully coiffed hair doesn't mess up. And your makeup does not fuse with sweat. The ambiance is so calm and romantic and everything around seems so fresh. You have higher chances of getting stunning wedding photos in a snowy background. A holiday-themed wedding day decoration is possible, and so much more.
But is it just a bed of roses? Is a winter wedding completely free of worries and stress? Isn't there a factor that is very basic to winter, the biggest worry to care about? Of course! It is cold. Winter wedding might be the best idea in many ways, except for the low temperature and the uncomfortable cold that engulfs all. On the other hand, one has to look their best. Be it the bride, her guests and friends, and the the MVP of the wedding - bridesmaid
How to dress up?
Even though winter is indeed the best season of the year to be a bride or bridesmaid, there are still some things you need to keep in mind before you choose the winter season.
The basic and foremost worry of a winter wedding is the choice of apparel. A bridesmaid will have to be enveloped from head to toe which might not leave you any choices for a beautiful dress. As a matter of fact, if you live at a place where winters mean anywhere around 20 degrees of temperature, you might need more layering. But who would love to wear a sweater over a formal dress? No one right? We have a backup plan.
Also read: Pashmina for Wedding - A Handmade Luxury
Kashmir And Pashmina
Ever heard of the ‘Paradise on Earth’. Kashmir valley situated in the north of India is so beautiful and naturally scenic that it has secured for itself some lovely names like paradise, heaven, Venice of the east, and many more. The place experiences harsh winters and temperatures even dip to sub-zero levels.
It is in this part of the world where a luxurious fabric known as Pashmina was discovered in the 16th century by a traveler. It soon gained such popularity that the entire world cherished it and dreamed of having just one single shawl or wrap made of Pashmina. The main reasons for the love and admiration it earned were its lightweight, smooth touch and immense warmth it lent to its wearer.
Pashmina comes from the Capra Hircus goat which is found in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. In order to protect itself from the harsh environment of the winters, the goat naturally grows an exceptionally warm and soft fleece over its throat and underbelly area. This fleece keeps it warm and comfortable in winters but too uneasy in summer. Hence the goat rubs itself with rough surfaces of shrubs and rocks and gets rid of this wool. This is collected by herders who free the goat of any leftover wool by gently combing its body. This wool is Pashmina.
Also read: What is so special about Pashmina?
Why is bridesmaid the MVP of a wedding?
Bridesmaids are the wonderful women who are chosen by the brides themselves to be with them all the time. Bridesmaids are all through the time of the wedding responsible for each task related to the bride. Even before all the main events, bridesmaids have to be super careful and should be able to manage everything that happens around.
Bridesmaids are the bride’s best friends or a close family member who they can trust the most. Hence, their role is the most significant throughout the planning and eventualizing the events. The main role of the bridesmaid is to assist the bride with her wedding duties and offer additional help to the bride as and when required. The list is endless, and there are so many responsibilities that make up for the entire bridal preparation.
Here is the list of a bridesmaid’s duties.
- Everyone doesn't know about this, but a bridesmaid emotionally supports the bride throughout the wedding. The bride shouldnt be overwhelmed at any point in the wedding planning.
- Assisting the bride and their maid of honour in getting the bride ready for every event.
- Attending all the pre wedding functions like the bridal shower, engagement parties, rehearsal dinner and more.
- Keeping a record of gifts received by the bride so that the next time she thanks them, she knows what to mention.
- Stamp and prepare bridal shower cards or the wedding cards and work simultaneously with the maid of honour for the same.
- Offering assistance in the making of accessories for either the events or for the bride herself. Making of decorations, place cards, wedding favour kits and more are a big engagement for the bridesmaids.
- Purchasing her own dresses, accessories, jewellery and more. The bridesmaid has to look her best. The bridesmaid has to have her clothes well fitted, her shoes properly matched and jewellery to the point. She has to look the best version of herself.
- Double checking the bride is a core responsibility of the bridesmaid. Is her dress properly pinned? Is her veil straight? Has she worn all of her accessories? A bridesmaid has to be vigilant about all these questions.
- Decorating the settee of the bride, or decorating any place related to the event, too, is the responsibility of the bridesmaid. Be it the bridal shower, reception, the church events and other smaller events, the bridesmaid has to do it all.
- Coordinating with the guests, vendors and any outsider upon whom the arrangements of the events are dependent.
- Walking down the aisle and standing in the receiving line too is a core responsibility of the bridesmaid.
- Managing the party themes. Interacting with guests, playing the theme music, encouraging interactions among guests who are yet to interact.
How busy are the days of the bridesmaid, and how important is she as a person during the wedding. Isn't it necessary to present her a gift that she can't forget all through her life?
Why not? Pashmina has evolved to be such a versatile piece of accessory that we recommend brides, bridesmaids, and even the guests to carry a Pashmina shawl for a winter wedding.
Furthermore, Pashmina has recently embraced all patterns - modern or heritage. It has made itself a perfect accessory that is irresistible to not incorporate in your list of dresses that you chose to wear for your best friend's wedding
If you like to wear matching accessories or contrasting ones, Pashmina comes in all colours now. Be a warm red, black, white, or pastels pinks and nudes, Pashmina features all colours, all shades, and ups your formal apparel a hundred notches. You can simply drape a Pashmina shawl over your dress and you are good to go.
Types of Pashmina for Bridesmaid
It's one of the most important days of your life. And you have to look the best version of yourself. That is the reason we curated some special types of bridesmaid Pashmina shawls for your big day. Here are some special ones from our collection
Solid Pashmina for Bridesmaid
The most basic yet classy shawls of our collection no doubt will be the solid Pashminas. The shawls are made of pure Pashmina and our collection features an overwhelming 55 colours. These types of shawls resonate with the classics of Pashmina shawl makings because Pashmina started with just solid ones. Your bridesmaid can pair up these beauties with the shade they like.
Solid Pashminas can pair with any dress and apparel type. Your bridesmaid does not have to care about matching or pairing of the Pashmina shawl or scarf as these are timeless accessories that pair with every type of outfits.
Original, 100% pure Pashmina yarn threads are mount over a traditional loom as warps and wefts in such an artistic pattern, that the resultant shawl comes out in an ombre pattern. It is the sheer skill and experience of Kashmiri weavers which can concoct such a dramatic piece of accessory without an effort! These shawls are colorful and swoon-worthy and your bridesmaid is definitely going to love them
An infusion of one colour into the other is going to make your bridesmaid delightfully surprised. Now she can pair it with outfits of two different colours and feel like a fashion diva.
Swarovski Studs are small crystals that are attached by hand to plush Pashmina shawls to bestow a shimmery and modish look to them. A shawl with Swarovski studs looks like the night sky enlightened with stars. Gift this shawl to your bridesmaid and watch her overwhelmed with happiness
If your bridesmaid has star studded your wedding events, she needs a Pashmina shawl, studded with swarovski crystals. These shawls are handmade and take months together to get ready. These are the gifts that your bridesmaid deserves, as these are thoughtful and exceptionally exclusive.
Embellished with the world-famous French Chantilly lace, an assortment of feminine Pashmina shawls includes over 50 colors to go with her ensembles. The shawls feature the lace in all places and patterns which make any basic ensemble of your bridesmaid a more colorful and feminine one.
To make these laced shawls even more unique and swoon worthy, we have introduced laces not only on the borders, but also inside the body of these shawls. The laces are hand stitched with exceptional efforts of the craftsmen who put their soul into the making of these beauties. The French laces have been handpicked for the shawls because of their lightweight and graceful mien. You too handpick these pretty and elegant shawls for the woman who makes your wedding special for you.
Why choose Pashmina for Bridesmaid?
Also read: Pashmina Gifts - A Lifetime of Memories
If a bridesmaid has a choice to wear any warm fabric why should she invest in a bridesmaid Pashmina shawl? Well we can have a hundred reason, but the most important ones are as follows
- Pashmina is lightweight. When you are already wearing a formal dress and jewelry, a light wrap will definitely be a win.
- Pashmina has a huge choice (as already discussed above). Whether you like solids, patterns, prints or Swarovski crystals, bridesmaid Pashminas feature every bit of them, bridesmaid Pashminas feature every bit of them.
- Pashmina shawl is timeless. It stays with you even after a lifetime of your wedding day, and never ever gets out of fashion
- Your bridesmaid is special. She has managed all of your events and made your day perfect. She helped you create a thousand memories, and it wouldn't have been possible without her presence. Thank her with the most amazing gift of all times. A timeless Pashmina for her unmatched efforts of making your wedding day the best day of your life.
Pashmina shawls are versatile. They can be used by bridesmaids on every occasion. Your bridesmaid might like an elaborately embroidered shawl for the bridal shower, a solid white shawl for the events in the church, a bright shaded one for the bachelorette party, and a laced one to bid you goodbye as you leave with your loved one.